The Law Office of Shuting Chen seeks a part-time law clerk (approximately 15-22 hours/week) to start in February or March 2019. The firm advocates on behalf of primarily low-income individuals seeking asylum and other forms of legal relief; represents clients in immigration court proceedings, asylum interviews, and other agency matters; and provides creative solutions to complex immigration issues.
Interested applicants please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
• Conduct human rights research and and gather country conditions information to support client applications;
• Draft client declarations and immigration forms;
• Communicate with clients and collect client documents and information; and
• Conduct legal research and writing with the supervision of the attorney.
• Fluency in written and spoken Spanish;
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines;
• Attention to detail and ability to stay organized;
• Desire to learn more about immigration law, immigrant rights, and/or human rights; and
• Strong written and oral advocacy skills.